Chicken & Sweet Potato Pad Thai
Pad Thai is a dish that I’ve always really loved because of the balance of creamy peanut sauce, fresh vegetables, and hints of lime and cilantro. But if you’re like me, I usually feel pretty guilty eating a big portion of it since it can be pretty high cal. I decided to try a lighter variation of it with sweet potato noodles since I’ve been loving my spiralizer recently.
This recipe was absolutely delicious. Next time, I’ll definitely be making additional sauce since I love the peanut flavor so much.
- 1 1” piece peeled fresh gingerroot
- ½ cup smooth cashew, almond, or peanut butter
- ¼ – ½ cup water (see cook’s tip)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- ½ tbsp honey
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ½ tsp dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, ends trimmed, and cut into halves or thirds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- Green onion slices, chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts or lime wedges to garnish (optional)
Click here to view the full recipe.