Coconut Lime Chicken
Steve and I are headed to Mexico in a couple weeks to escape the Chicago winter. I must have had the Caribbean on my mind as I picked this weekend’s recipes–up first, Coconut Lime Chicken!
The chicken was so tender and flavorful since you finish it by letting it simmer in the coconut milk, lime, cilantro, and ginger sauce. I served mine over cauliflower rice, and my husband had his over brown basmati rice.
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated on a microplane
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (plus more for topping)
- ⅓ cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Lime slices for topping (optional)