Loaded Baked Frittata
Steve and I love eggs for breakfast. We pretty much eat them every morning, but sometimes we get tired of plain ol’ eggs. So, I decided to switch it up and try a new frittata recipe. My sister, Darcey, used to make frittata for me every time I went to visit her since I love it so much. We used to try out different variations, which is what I did with this recipe. Plus, I got to break out my cast iron skillet.
Frittata is so easy to make. This recipe had bacon, sautéed onions, peppers, and goat cheese. I added sausage and mushrooms too. The goat cheese is everything in this frittata. It is so creamy, tastes so delicious with the bacon and onions, and added a whole dimension of flavor. The recipe calls for 4 oz of goat cheese, but only sprinkle as much as you want. It definitely can overpower the other flavors if you add too much.
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ cup finely diced bacon
- 1 cup diced onion (from 1 small onion)
- 2 cups diced red or orange bell peppers (from 2 peppers)
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby spinach — I excluded this since I don’t like cooked spinach
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
Click here for the full recipe.